Friday, April 17, 2009

Water Jasmine "Wild" 004 (11/04/2009)


Another wild one i bought from my neighbour florist for its trunk thickness. Sadly i noticed there was some very minor rot near the base of the trunk. I scrapped off the bark and the rotting cambium layer and applied several coats of lime sulphur to it. Because the whole trunk is very fat and tall, and only the top part is budding and growing, i decided to try to airlayer the upper part off to develop into future shohin material. The bottom there after could be trained into another shohin as well. Lets see how it goes in about 6-8weeks time.